Muffins have become a family staple for us. I have found that making a batch a few times a week helps bulk up our breakfasts and provides a great nourishing snack for my little ones.
Because these muffins are grain-free and are only sweetened with a bit of honey and blueberries, they keep little tummies fuller longer and provide a healthy snack that’s energizing and satiating. They’re also incredibly easy to make and take just about 10 minutes of prep time. Here’s how to make your own yummy grain-free blueberry muffins.
Begin by whisking the flours, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. I’ve included almond flour, coconut flour, and arrowroot powder in my recipe and have found that this combination of flours gives the best texture for the muffins. If you do not have arrowroot powder at home, feel free to replace this amount with almond flour.
Next, combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and stir with a spatula: eggs, honey, milk, and coconut oil. It’s best to bring the eggs to room temperature prior to mixing with the coconut oil in order to prevent the oil from hardening. Letting the eggs sit in a bowl of hot water for about 5 minutes usually does the trick.
Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Next add the blueberries and fold into the mixture. I prefer to use frozen organic blueberries since they are usually cheaper year-round and work just as well in the muffins.
Next, use a cookie or ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into a lined cupcake pan.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for at least 10 minutes and enjoy!
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 3 T honey
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a large bowl: almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine the eggs, honey, milk, and coconut oil and stir with a spatula.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined thoroughly.
- Fold in the blueberries, then scoop the batter into a lined cupcake pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes and enjoy.