After Discovering Homeopathy, I purchased Joette Calabrese’s Bonus Package and began studying all that I could. In Cure Yourself and Family, she shared a protocol for preventing and treating the flu. If the person followed through with the protocol and happened to still get the flu, it said that it would not be as intense and the person would heal more easily. I figured for $30 bucks for the entire family, what did I really have to lose?
I started the protocol in October by taking Oscillococcinum once a week for the entire month. I then took one dose once a month for November and December. It was on Christmas day that my protocol was put to the test.
I woke up that morning with a few aches and pains. Within three hours, the pains had been worse and by mid-afternoon, I had the full-blown FLU. Fever, headache, severe body aches, chills, nausea, etc. It was the most-awful feeling of my life. I began taking Oscillo immediately and took it every 4 hours throughout the day.
By evening, I had severe vomiting and was throwing up every time I moved. I was beginning to wonder if it would all work out, when I remembered a vial of Arsenicum Album we had bought earlier in the month to help my husband with some stomach issues he had been having. I took those 4 little pellets and within minutes, the nausea stopped, and I fell asleep. (Sleep is a sign that the remedy is working, and the body is healing!) My husband gave me a second dose in the middle of the night and by morning, I was a completely different person. No aches, no fever, no nausea or vomiting! I felt 100 times better and just had a slight dry cough and was a bit tired.
Contrast that to a few family members who also had the flu and went the conventional medical route. Both had severe symptoms for well over two weeks. Yup, body aches, fever, the whole bit.
I dove into homeopathy instead.
Here are a few of the other little “miracles” I witnessed soon after:
1. My 12-month old had her first ear infection and fever of 102.5. I was up with her all night, studying and trying to figure out what to give her. I finally tried Chamomilla. Within 10 minutes, she was asleep and slept for two hours. By the second dose, her fever went away, and she was playing and back to herself.
2. My 4-year-old had a fever of 103 on New Years Eve. By that point, I knew what to do and gave him a dose of Belladonna. He napped, drank some homemade bone broth, and took two more doses. By the third, he was fever-free and sleeping for the rest of the night. The next morning, he was feeling well and celebrating my birthday with me.
3. A family member had a tooth extracted surgically. He was told he needed to take codeine because he would be in extreme pain. He was also told to purchase antibiotics due to the high risk of infection. When I saw him that day, he was extremely nauseous, had vomited, and had a horrible headache from the anesthesia. I suggested he take Nux Vomica to help get the medication out of his system. Within a few minutes, he was sleeping. When he woke up, he was feeling much better and was even cracking jokes. We gave him Belladonna for the pain, and after two doses, he was back in his shed, working. He never needed the conventional medications. Amazing!
4. Another family member had a severe sore throat and fever. After a couple of doses of Mercurious Sol, the sore throat and fever went away, and she was back at work the next day.
5. My baby reached over to pick up a crayon and fell off a kid chair, landing right on her head. She screamed in pain and cried loudly for a few minutes. A bump immediately formed on her forehead, blue and purple in color. I gave her Arnica Montana, and she calmed down quickly. By the end of the hour, the bump had gone down and all that was left was a light gray bruise. . . and this was without ice!
These are just a sampling of what I have witnessed in the past few months. I have since continued my study to include homeopathic cell salts and have been in awe of the results.
Homeopathy for acute illnesses is definitely something anyone can do with some studying and dedication. The time invested, however, is well worth it when considering the alternative, including doctor visits, antibiotics, and toxic drugs. The cycle is then too often repeated since the use of drugs, even over-the-counter drugs, weakens the body’s natural defenses and leads to more disease in the long run.
Homeopathy, on the other hand, does not suppress symptoms; it simply stimulates the body to heal itself more quickly, ultimately strengthening the body and many times, eliminating future illness altogether.
Do your research, but know your limits. If you cannot get control of an acute situation or have a chronic illness, you’ll want to contact a seasoned homeopath. For everything else, a Homeopathic Family Kit and book, such as Everybody’s Guide to Homeopathic Medicines or Joette Calabrese’s ebook, Cure Yourself and Family, will work just fine. Click here for remedies you’ll want to take with you everywhere you go.
What are some of your homeopathy stories?